Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Busy Weekend

After doing the Upwey Grassroots Community Market a couple of weeks ago I was running low on stock and even lower on paper to print more cards on, so I got really busy last weekend and made 88 sheets of seeded paper! 

This is what 88 sheets of handmade paper looks like after it has been tidied up to A4 size sheets.

The white and yellow sheets on the bottom are all flower seed paper, but I also made herb seed paper (purple and white) and salad seed paper (the yellow sheets on the top). I'm really excited to see what I can do with the new mixes. I'm looking forward to reprinting some of my existing designs on them, but also have ideas floating around for Get Well Soon cards on the herb and salad papers. 


I printed some Easter cards on the salad paper already and I love how they turned out. They are meant to be a bit of a quirky alternative to giving Easter eggs and adding to the massive pile of chocolate that is consumed at this time of year. After all, real bunnies eat salad!



The Easter cards are now available in our Etsy store, and here is a sneak peak of a new design I am adding later this week. I got a lot of requests for more cards with sayings on them at the Upwey market, so this is going to be our latest addition to the range.


 I am going to announce an Earth Day giveaway later this week, so make sure to keep an eye out for it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Easter idea alternative! Looking forward to the Earth Day giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete