Sunday, March 27, 2011

Upwey Grassroots Community Markey

Me on my stand at the Upwey Grassroots Community Market yesterday.


A closer photo of my table.

What a lovely start to GrowMe we had over the weekend. I managed to get a logo together thanks to my boyfriend Derek and some designs for my cards from my friend Aleisha Cutler and her mum Bev. I also designed a few cards myself with some plant and flower fonts which were quite effective. 

Although I wasn't quite sure how GrowMe would go as this was my first market, I did much better than I ever could have imagined. I sold 39 cards and 8 postcards over the 5 hours of the market and gave out over 150 seeded business cards. The response was overwhelmingly positive and people seemed to like the fact that they were something a bit different to everyday greeting cards.


Blue Bird on white seeded paper, artwork by Bev Cutler.


A sympathy card that I designed.


Swirly Heart on red seeded paper, artwork by Aleisha Cutler.


I really love how they turned out, they look really professional and just gorgeous. The flecks of colour in the purple and red papers and the contrast of the white paper with the black seeds look great. I've already had requests for Mother's Day cards and more cards with sayings on them, so I've got some more designs to work on for next time. Somebody told me about a sustainability festival that is happening in Selby in a few weeks time, so hopefully I can make it along to that, they seem like my kind of people!

I've started listing the cards that I have leftover from the market in our Etsy store, so head over there and check them out.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! I wish you luck in selling more cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I already have another market lined up for a few weeks time... It's addictive!

    ReplyDelete